Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wiz Khalifa Begins Recording Sophomore Album

Following the release of his very successful debut album, Rolling Papers, Wiz Khalifa has already been in the lab, and has started to craft his sophomore album.

In a recent interview with MTV, Wiz  announced that he has begun working on the follow up to his certified Gold album, Rolling Papers:

“Yeah, I’ve started working on a next album just to get a feel for where I’m going with it.”

As he continued, he addressed his current single, “No Sleep.”

“‘No Sleep” is gonna do what it’s gonna do. Hopefully, it takes off; it’s been getting a lot of love so far.”

Wiz added, in the meantime while waiting on the new album, you will be able to hear new music from him as he is working with his fellow Taylor Gang artist Chevy Woods on his new project, Cookout:

“You know me, I’m always working, doing new stuff. I got artists that I’m working on and stuff like that; Chevy [Woods] is doin’ his thing.”

There is no time frame for the release of Wiz’s sophomore project, but Def Sounds will keep you updated as more details become available.

Watch Wiz Khalifa’s interview with MTV News below:

Get More: Music News